AFFIDAVIT IN SUPPORT OF DEFENDANT'S CHARACTER FOR MOTION
OBTAINING WITNESS ADDRESSES AND OTHER INFORMATION SHE IS ENTITLED TO
Gale A., upon her word as a Judaic-Christian and under penalties of perjury, and in response to the prosecutor's objection that she be allowed certain witnesses' home addresses states that:
- She is a law abiding resident of this county and state and a law abiding citizen of this country and that in this instance, claims to be falsely accused and expects to be treated as innocent unless proven guilty and expects the process to work for her in equal measure as it works for the prosecution.
- She is 47 years old and has never been brought up upon any criminal charges, nor has she had civil cases filed against her.
- She has been a social activist for over 15 years and as such, has never been arrested in a group protest or rally, obeyed to the letter any orders from authorities such as policemen and security agents.
- She believes in non-violence and passive resistance as preferable methods of social struggle as possible and has been a vegetarian for over 20 years in pursuit of planetary non-violence.
- She has twice in her life been provoked by powerful white collar criminal types, whereas the complainant in this instance is the second such provocation and even so, has never resorted to any criminal behavior in response.
- Her dispute with the complainant is not a dispute with complainant's employees.
- She obeys court orders and authorities' orders so that any conditions put upon her in having access to witness addresses and/or other necessary information will be obeyed.
- She already has some of the home addresses of many of the witnesses and it would not be fair for her not to have all the addresses nor proper addresses of those who have moved, married or whose name spellings are not remembered and/or known by the defendant.
- She has witnesses who have agreed to speak for her character in court if they can get off work and by affidavit.
- Signed: ______________________
Signed under penalties of perjury before me, a notary public, of Cook County, Illinois, by _______________, this ____________ day of ____________, 19____.